Information you provide directly
Some Services enable you to give us information directly. Moreton Hire will only use the personal information you have chosen to provide us for the purpose for which you provided it. Moreton Hire will not use it for any other purpose without your consent.
- A number of our Services enable users to create accounts or profiles. In connection with these Services, we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself to set up the account or profile. For example, you can submit certain information about yourself, such as your name, email address, phone number, delivery address when you create an account. Additionally, in some jurisdictions, we need to confirm that you are over a legal age in order to conduct business with us.
- If you order a product or paid service from us, we may ask for your name, contact information, shipping and billing addresses, and credit card information in order to process your order.
- Upon your request for customer support whether in person, by phone, or online, we may ask for certain information about yourself including, without limitation, your name, shipping and billing address(es) and contact information, in order to process your request.
- Some of our Services may be provided by staff, contractors or suppliers outside of your home country. Our staff may be in Australia, EU or Asia.
Information about your use of the Services
In addition to the information you provide, we may collect anonymous information that is used in aggregate about your use of our Services. Moreton Hire may publish or provide this anonymous aggregate data to other people. For example, when you visit our websites or portals we may collect:
- Device information - such as your hardware model, operating system versions, and settings of the device you use to access the Services. This information is not associated with your personal information and is used to provide a better online experience
- Log information – the above information may be logged, such as the time and duration of your use of the Service, search query terms you enter through the Services. This information is anonymous and not associated to your personal information. Cookies may be used and any information stored in cookies is stored on your device to assist you in interacting with us. You may delete these cookies whenever you wish.
- Location information - such as the country your device is located in to assist us in maintaining security and providing services
- Voice information – if you choose to leave a voice message for us, recordings of your voice may be made (and may be stored on our servers). (Note that if we work with a third-party service provider that provides speech-to-text conversion services on our behalf. This provider may receive and store certain voice recordings for the purposes of providing the service.)
We also may collect other information about you, or your use of the services in ways that we describe to you at the point of collection or otherwise with your consent. You can choose not to provide us with certain types of information, but doing so may affect your ability to use some Services.HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may use information we collect for the following purposes:
- to register you for a Service;
- to provide a Service;
- to provide customised content and provide personalised services based on your past activities on our Services;
- for advertising, such as providing general or customised promotional communications;
- for assessment and analysis of our market, customers, products, and services (including asking you for your opinions on our products and services and carrying out customer surveys;
- to understand the way people use our Services so that we can improve them and develop new products and services;
- to provide customer assistance;
- to conduct free prize draws, prize competitions, or promotions, as permitted by law;
- to process other opportunities such as employment requests; and
- otherwise with your consent.
We will not disclose your information to third parties for their own independent marketing or business purposes. However, we may disclose your information to the following entities:
- Service Providers. We may disclose your information to companies that provide services for or on our behalf, such as companies that help us with billing, deliveries, service delivery or that send emails on our behalf. These entities are limited in their ability to use your information for purposes other than providing services for us.
- Other Parties When Required by Law or as Necessary to Protect Our Services. There may be instances when we disclose your information to other parties:
- to comply with the law or respond to compulsory legal process (such as a court order);
- to verify eligibility for certain services that we provide (such as the QBR scheme); and
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Moreton Hire, or any of our respective business partners, service providers or customers.
Should you choose to apply for employment at Moreton Hire, your application information will be stored and processed through recruitment software provided by Job Adder. You will be asked to provide your consent at the time that you choose to upload your details.Campaign Monitor
Our Marketing campaigns use software that use your name, email address, click and open feedback, geography. You may opt in and opt out of this service at any time.
We offer a variety of choices about how we use your information. You can make choices about whether to receive promotional communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in the communication or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org . In addition, you may also have options on our websites or portals to change your your settings for specific Services.
WHAT DO WE DO TO KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SECURE?
We have put in place reasonable physical and technical measures to safeguard the information we collect in connection with the Services. However, please note that although we take reasonable steps to protect your information, no website, Internet transmission, computer system or wireless connection is completely secure.
CONSENT TO INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF DATA
ACCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
Under the laws of some jurisdictions, you may have the right to request details about the information we collect, to correct inaccuracies or you may request that we erase your personal information by contacting us at email@example.com. Any further statutory user rights remain unaffected. We will promptly respond to all requests and reserve the right to decline to process requests that jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or are not permitted by local law.
If you request deletion of personal information, you acknowledge that you may not be able to access or use our Services and that residual personal information may continue to reside in our records and archives for some time, but Moreton Hire will not use that information for commercial purposes.
You understand that, despite your request for deletion, Moreton Hire reserves the right to keep your personal information, or a relevant part of it, in line with legal retention policy requirements for local Laws including Tax and Corporate Laws.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that information about you is available only for so long as is necessary for the purpose for which it is processed, or longer if required under any contract, by applicable law, or for statistical purposes, subject to appropriate safeguards.
THIRD-PARTY LINKS AND PRODUCTS ON OUR SERVICES
Our Services may link to third-party websites and services that are outside our control. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by websites or other services. You should exercise caution, and review the privacy statements applicable to the third-party websites and services you use.
We also may make available to you certain products or services developed by third parties. Moreton Hire is not responsible for these third-party products or services.Third Parties that Provide Content, Marketing or Functionality on Our Services
Some of the content, marketing, and functionality on our Services may be provided by third parties that are not affiliated with us. For example:
- We may enable you to watch video content provided by content providers;
- Certain third parties may serve advertising or keep track of which advertisements users see, how often they see those advertisements, and what users do in response to them; and
- We enable you to share experiences with others through social networking services such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
If you connect with a social networking service, we may receive and store details of these interactions. If you do not wish these interactions to be retained, please visit each service to amend your choices.
Please note that if you choose to connect with a social networking service on a device used by other people in addition to you, those other users may be able to see information stored or displayed in connection with your account on those social networking services.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise that you have previously visited a website. Cookies serve many useful purposes. For example:
- Cookies can remember your sign-in credentials so you don’t have to enter those credentials each time you log on to a service.
- Cookies help us understand which parts of our Services are the most popular because they help us to see which pages and features visitors are accessing and how much time they are spending on the pages. By studying this kind of information, we are better able to adapt the Services and provide you with a better experience.
When you use a web browser to access the Services, you can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. The operating system of your device may contain additional controls for cookies.
SOCIAL NETWORK PLUGINS
Our Services may include links to social networks. These services may use Plugins, where information may be directly transferred from your device to the operator of the social network. We have no influence on the data gathered by the Plugin. If you are logged into the social network, your use of our Service can be referenced to your social network account. If you interact with the Plugins, for example by clicking “Like”, “Follow”, or “Share”, or enter a comment, the information may automatically show in your social network profile. Even if you are not logged into your social network account, it may be possible that the Plugins transmit your IP address to the social network operators. Please consider this when using our Services.
For information about the social network operators of the Plugins used in our Services (“Operators”) please see below:Operators of Plugins used in our Services
If you are a member of one or more social networks and do not want the Operator to connect the data concerning your use of our Services with your member data already stored by the Operator, please log out of the social network before using our Services.FURTHER INFORMATION
If you have any specific questions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your computer's hard drive. The file helps analyse web traffic or allows us to know when you visit our site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual, and can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
There are four types of cookies:
Website functionality cookies - These cookies enable you to browse the website and use our features such as shopping baskets and wish lists.
Website analytics cookies - We use these cookies to measure and analyse how our customers use the website. This allows us to continuously improve our website and your shopping experience.
Customer preference cookies - When browsing or shopping online, the website will remember preferences you make (for example your user name, language or location). This makes your browsing experience simpler, easier and more personal to you.
Targeting cookies or advertising cookies - These cookies are used to deliver adverts relevant to you. In addition, they limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as helping us measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
List of Cookies Used on this Site
Please note that cookies do not harm your computer. They simply hold the 'key' that is associated with this information. However, if you'd prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from the Moreton Hire website, or any other website, you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different, so check the 'Help' menu of your particular browser (or your mobile phone's handset manual) to learn how to change your cookie preferences. Alternatively visit www.aboutcookies.com to learn more.
Here's a list of the main cookies we use on moreton.net.au website, and what we use them for. By using our website you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device and access them when you visit our site in the future.
- Wordpress Functionality Cookies - Are applied on our Wordpress store to enable it to function properly.
- Google Analytics - Enables our teams to analyse the moreton.net.au website performance and visitor behaviours. This is used to monitor trends and update our website to deliver a better customer experience for our visitors
- Google AdWords- Google AdWords tags are added to our website to monitor the performance of Digital Marketing actvities.
- Facebook Pixel - Custom Audience targeting on Facebook social media platform. This allows Moreton Hire to display the right message, to the right people on Facebook Paid Advertising
- Twitter Pixels - Custom Audience targeting on Twitter social media platform. This allows Moreton Hire to display the right message, to the right people on Twitter Paid Advertising
- Vimeo - Display Video Footage on our website from our hosted Vimeo Channel
- Campaign Monitor - Registration to our email platform and management of email preferences are linked to our email platform, Campaign Monitor. Campaign monitor manages your email behaviour for analytics of email performance.
Links to Other Sites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by letting us know using our Contact Us information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible and we will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Policy Last Updated: 24 May, 2018.