Moreton Hire was appointed by the Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF) and Gold Coast Commonwealth Games Corporation (GOLDOC) as the official Marquee and Temporary Structures supplier for the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games. Moreton Hire were contracted to provide additional venue space around the Gold Coast, Brisbane, Townsville and Cairns to cater for the additional 650,000 visitors to Australia. The commonwealth Games is the largest event to come to Australia since the Sydney Olympics. Moreton Hire supplied and project managed the full installation in only 8 months.
A sample of event requirements includes
- Over 500 marquees across 42 competition and non-competition venues.
- 43,000 SqM flooring
- 120+ air conditioning units
- 250+ ramps, platforms and stairs
- 250+ doors
- 2,500+ lights
- 3,000 tonne of concrete weights to secure it all down!
- Ancillary items – planter boxes, fire extinguishes, plants, décor and signage.
- Registration Areas
- Ticketing Zones
- Vehicle Scanning Units
- First Aid Area’s
- Corporate Brand Activations
- Merchandising Stores
- Temporary Gymnasiums
- Medical Units for Athletes
- Family & Team Lounges
- Media Centers
- Security and organizer offices