Sunshine Coast Airport Temporary Structure
12months ago we began onsite building temporary structures (or portable building as we like to call it!) for our clients at the Sunshine Coast Airport. The main terminal of the airport is undergoing almost 3 years of construction renovations and they were in desperate need of a long-term hire solution to their terminal boarding gates. What Moreton Hire was able to sit down and develop with them was a long-term hire contract on 3 of our marquee structures with complete fit-outs in order to replicate a temporary building. The result? A comfortable, air-conditioned space for travelers to wait to board their flight. Complete with vending machines and crowd control.
Our install began in September 2022 with 2 x 10x25m Uniflex Marquee Structures and 1 x 5x15m Custom connecting structure. The complete fit-out of this portable building included the marquee, flooring, internal lining, signage, glass panels and doors, lighting, air-conditioning and more.
Would you like a virtual tour inside this structure? Click here to take the tour!
The Moreton Hire Facts:
- Structure was delivered in 4 days
- Marquee is European quality – German manufactured and designed
- 575sqm of total structures delivered onsite
- All structures have had building approvals through Sunshine Coast Regional Council
- All structures signed off by structural engineers
- Delivered first structure in September 2022
- Long-term hire contract until June 2025
The Structure Stats:
- 2 x Uniflex Structures 10x25m in size
- 1 x Custom Structure 5x15m as connecting extension to main terminal
- Flooring – cassette flooring cover in carpet
- Concrete floor panels (where pegs could not be utilized)
- Doors and glass panels
- Indoor lining and lighting
- Fire and HVAC
- Sunshine Coast Airport branded signage
A Temporary Terminal
These terminal boarding gates have all the bells and whistles needed to keep the Airport functioning…business and usual for the foreseeable future. As the primary temporary structure contractor for the 2018 Gold Coast Commonwealth Games, our marquees are not only new stock, they have all the correct certifications and safety certificates needed to build portable buildings in this way. For this project we did apply all building approvals through Sunshine Coast Regional Council.
Comfortable and Cool
We proudly manage strategic partnerships to our clients advantage. With each project comes dedicated partners that helped us to deliver elements such as air-conditioning, automatic doors, ramps and walkways. With the most up-to-date equipment and ideas, our model is to leverage a collective genius and project manage the delivery. A huge thank you to Elite Air, Infraco, NASCAM, Revolution Electrical, Sunquest Signage and Optic Security Group.