Electrical Project ManagerSeptember 29, 2021
Account Coordinator BrisbaneSeptember 30, 2021
About the Role
Moreton Hire is an exhibition and event company whose national network is extended across Australia, with office and warehouse locations in, Gold Coast, Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne. An opportunity has become available for an experienced Bookkeeper with solid payroll skills to join our Finance team based on the Gold Coast in Molendinar.
Task and Responsibilities
- Payroll – processing payroll for approximately employees on a fortnightly basis; compilation of employee contracts (onboarding and terminations). Accurate interpretation of industrial agreements and individual employment contracts, timely respond to all employee queries, preparation of reports as required.
- Accounts Payable -processing invoices, payments, reconciling supplier accounts, resolving invoice discrepancies and handling supplier queries, credit card reconciliations
- Accounts Receivable – processing customer payments, invoicing, debt collection activities, resolving customer queries and payment discrepancies, creating new accounts, obtaining credit references, processing credit notes, following up debtors
- Ensure statutory reporting requirements are met, including monthly BAS returns, Payroll taxes, PAYG Taxes, Superannuation and Workcover
- Bank Reconciliations
- General financial and administrative tasks
- Participation in process improvement activities
Desirable skills and attributes for the role.
- Experience in payroll processing for a medium sized organization
- Sound Knowledge of accounts payable and receivable functions
- Exceptional attention to detail, a solid grasp of mathematics and sound problem-solving abilities
- Strong general computer aptitude – intermediate to advanced Word and Excel skills would be highly regarded.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to manage confidential and sensitive information
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and deliver on time.
- Willingness to learn & enthusiasm.
- Resilience and a proactive attitude are essential.